Kenya institute of social sciences (KISS) REG NO MOHEST/PC/1666/011 a Christian based institute. Since its inception, has facilitated several community educational initiatives in urban areas targeting the youth as the main beneficiary. The Institute is committed to development for it recognizes that development must come from within the community if it were to be sustainable .external effects should only facilitate the process already set by people themselves. The Institute has set up a fund that will be DEDICATED to the development and empowerment of the young people seeking to participate in various leadership positions in Kenya. As at now, institute has pioneered many charitable and Christian based educational programs for higher learning which offers sponsorship inform of subsided fees to the needy, displined and brilliants student in the Easter Region of Kenya. Currently the institute is providing sponsorship for 50 students from each county in the Easter Part of Kenya; a program that is running for 2018/19 academic year.
VISION: James 1:27
Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultiness in this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
MISSION: Acts 4:32
And the multitude of them that believed that were of one heart and of one soul :neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things in common.
PHILOSOPHY: Job 14/7
“for there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease.
OBJECTIVE: Psalms 41:1-3
Blessed are those who have regarding for the weak; the LORD delivers them in times of trouble. The LORD protects and delivers them-they are counted among the blessed in the land-he does not give them over to the desire of their foes. The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.
CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Applicants must have attained a minimum of C-(Minus)mean grade in KCSE for Diploma and D+&above in KCSE for a certificate.
- Applicants must show prove that they are capable of financing there upkeep expenses(Sponsor caters for 50% percentage of tuition fee and Books only)
- To qualify for considering applicants must fill in sponsorship application form be recommended and stamped by from a recognized spiritual leader/chief/councilor. ( click here to download the sponsorship form)
- Sponsorship cannot be redeemed for cash or to any other learning centers.
- Successful applicants must meet the admission requirements, as set out by the admitting institution and Kneck.the decision of the joined admission board is final.
- Sponsorship does not cover for (external exam fees)
- Application and admission fee amounts to one thousand three Hundred only (non refundable)
- Student History: Brief handwritten history of the student giving convicting reasons of why sponsorship should be given to him or her. Attach evidence if any.
- KCSE result slip and leaving certificate photocopies (1)
- ID photocopies(1)
- Two passport size photos and two full photos one for the homestead and the other is your own photo.
- Any other needy supporting documents.